FOOD post: I don't show many of my favz… Bacon, spinach, single serve egg cups!

But I thought I would share this for my friend Kimber…  My bestie Christie made these for "glamping" breakfast (Johnny literally prays that we never starve on out glamp trips - buahahahaha), the thought is that you can make them ahead of time and freeze, then warm them for a quick, satisfying breakfast for those days when you are flying out the door…  I have yet to freeze a batch, just saying'!



precook bacon to preferred crispiness!  use bacon as cupcake wrapper (I see nothing wrong with this phrase)…  sauté onions in a little olive oil, remove from heat, add 2-3 handfuls of spinach and cover tossing until wilted (you might have to heat a little more depending on how much heat your pan holds) - add a little spinach to each muffin cup.  lightly beat 9 eggs, and a splash of milk (till yolks and whites are blended), add a LOT of shredded cheese (in the mixing bowl it was almost equal to the eggs - BIG SMILE),  pour evenly into cups, I use my well seasoned pampered chef pan so it needs to bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes - voila…

Grab your cozy wrapped coffee and head out the door!!!


Comments